To Gordon Ramsay, a meatball is about the smoothness and consistency along with the way it melts in your Mouth in these healthy soup recipes by incorporating milk to the breadcrumbs lightens the meatballs and is the reason why you shouldn’t have to bind them with eggs. Don’t the meatballs too small or they’ll get dried – approximately golf ball dimension is just right. It happens to be a traditional method of making Meatballs, however cooking the meatballs in such a beautiful fragrant broth means they really absorb the fresh, spicy flavors. Asian cooking utilizes coconut milk to enhance a Sauce; in the same way like traditional French cooking utilizes cream, but not surprisingly it’s not as heavy. Leftover coconut milk can be stored in the fridge for about five days before it Sours. If you don’t plan to use it that quickly, simply freeze it in ice-cube trays or Small plastic pots. After freezing, the milk will look curdled, but the flavor will be Fine.
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 4 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1–2 tsp dried chilli flakes, to taste
- 2 lemongrass stalks, trimmed, bashed and cut into batons
- 5cm piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and sliced
- 400ml chicken stock
- 1 × 400ml tin coconut milk
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- FOR THE MEATBALLS:
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely sliced
- Olive oil, for frying
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 500g minced beef
- 75g fresh breadcrumbs
- 3–4 tbsp milk
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- First prepare the meatballs. Sauté the onion and garlic with seasoning in a hot oiled frying pan for about 5 minutes until soft and lightly colored, adding the chilli flakes after a Minute or two. Place the mince in a large bowl and add seasoning. Put the breadcrumbs in A separate bowl and moisten with the milk. Add seasoning, then stir the breadcrumbs and Onion mixture into the mince and combine well. With wet hands, shape the mince Mixture into balls about the size of a golf ball. Transfer to a lightly greased plate or tray and Chill for 30 minutes until firm.
- Brown the meatballs in a cleaned oiled pan for 4–5 minutes, turning frequently until Nicely colored on all sides.
- Add the coriander seeds, cardamom, turmeric, cinnamon, chilli flakes, lemongrass and Ginger. Heat through, stirring, until aromatic, then add the stock and coconut milk and Bring to a gentle simmer. Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary. Simmer for 8–12 Minutes until the sauce is flavorful and thickened and the meatballs are cooked through.
- Add the lime zest and juice and serve hot.
Recipes from Ramsay’s Home Cooking by Gordon Ramsay.